Thursday, July 24, 2014

Final #6, Steps 1-6: Building My Immersive Libraries/Museum

This project consisted of creating my own virtual world in Meshmoon in order to upload webpages and images for a personal immersive library.

Process 1:


This screenshot is me adding the webpage for one of my research papers, "Studying Nature In Situ: Immersive Education for Better Integrated Water Management".

Process 2:


Yet another research paper webpage, "From Metaverse to MOOC: Can the Cloud meet scalability challenges for open virtual worlds?".

Process 3:


The images part was actually a lot easier with the drag-and-drop capability. What you're seeing is a picture of my dad and myself messing around, pretty much our normal routine.

Process 4:


This one's a little embarrassing, but the computer I am using for this class doesn't have a whole lot of personal pictures to choose from! This is me before my junior prom in 2008, try not to laugh. ;)

Process 5:


I just liked how dynamic the virtual world was and how I could utilize my surroundings, so I thought this was an intriguing addition.

This is the beginning of building my Immersive Library/Museum in Meshmoon.  It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College.  The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics.  For details, visit the Immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment