Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Midterm #10

For this midterm, I utilized the drawing portions of Microsoft Word to create a visual setting that includes a house and children playing outside with their pet. Here is a cropped screenshot of the finished product:




And here are my process screenshots as I created this picture:

#1)

 
This first part of the progression shows that I created the backdrop of the house, using shapes.
 
 
#2)

 
This screenshot shows the addition of a sun and smoke coming out of the chimney, starting to use free-hand lines along with the shapes.
 
 
#3)

 
As I progressed further, I was able to utilize different colors to make the house look more dynamic, as well as add in the beginnings of the children playing outside.
 
 
#4)

 
This part of the process included adding more subtle details, such as the balloons, window panes, doorknob, and facial details.
 
 
#5)

 
Along with the addition of the family pet (in this case, a dog), I was able to carefully add details like the clothing for the children.
 
 
#6)

 
Some of the last details I felt it necessary to add were the shingles (using small rectangles) and lining the house to create a more realistic-looking image.
 
 HERE IS THE LINK TO THE WORD DOCUMENT UPLOADED TO GOOGLE DRIVE:
 
 
This was a midterm exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment